Say something interesting about your business here.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Give customers a reason to do business with you.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: By appointment
- Increasing rent rates and utilities
- increased general overheads
- increased staff
- General staff productivity falters?
- Increased food costs
- Increased beverage costs
- Increasing costs to keep pace with market expectations and trends
- Fit out build and refurb costs increase
- Legislation increases design/fit out costs
- Increase in snacking and food on the hoof
- Customer expectations of nutrition and clean food increases
- One in three of the UK's top Restaurant groups ...not making profit
- Little respite on the horizon
- Restaurants closers include Prezzo, Chimichanga, Zizzi, Jamie Olivers, Byron etc
- Customers won't give brands/establishments a second chance
- Market saturated (choices styles types of food)
- 92,000 general vacancies for staff in UK
- More demand than ever for CPU's
- Increase in home delivery
- Ready meals M+S dine for ten pounds become a competitor
Former judge BBC MasterChef
30+ years as profiled Professional Chef - CV please see linkedin
Business turnaround expert, commissioned by UK Arts Council.
Financial operations analysts, able to identify profit drain/bleed.
Expert in Restaurant revivals/remakes/revamps
Independent Consultant for high profile - blue chip companies since 1999.
Elected Master Chef of Great Britain for over thirty years.
Original flavour designer to Walkers Sensations Crisps
"Founding father of Modern British Cuisine in Manchester"
- Deanna Thomas
"I'm mighty impressed with the offering under the stewardship of Consultant Chef John Benson-Smith, food there is absolutely fantastic"
- Marco Pierre White.
"He will tell you what you may not want to know, but need to - then he will tell you how to fix it"
- Stuart Griffith Chief Executive Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre.
"JBS will sort it out & lead it forward, I cant say anthing else but he will !"
- John Williams Managing Director Granada TV
"They are hands - on team players who focus and balance numbers, marketing, sales service standards and of course great food"
- Andy Lamyman Director General Santa Ponca Country Club
"He made a huge difference to our business"
- Garry Cook former CEO Manchester City Football Club.
"I've worked with many of the greats in the industry, but when it comes to pure energy, creativity, experience, skill and knowledge, JBS has few peers" - Gordon Cartwright Chief AA Hotel & Restaurant inspector..
" JBS is a pioneer simultaneously maverick, renegade and genuis"
- Martin Pedler Director Forte Hotels
Johns worked with a multitude of clients, from both blue chip internationals with thousands of employees to small bespoke and unique.
Our ability to sum up situations but also look at crucial opportunities to drive revenue and profit- especially based upon forensic investigations to understand actual, factual issues and challenges but then to share solid sustainable solutions are famous. Be it a huge International Food Producer, Five Star Hotel overseas, Theme park, Famous Stadia venues serving F+B to tens of thousands either in Sport or Concert Venues, Theatres, Restaurant Chains or design and project management of venues.
Hands-on and renowned for our business turnaround skills, also our understanding as operational analysts, we bring a fresh, knowledgeable approach to any team.
We understand detailed, real world Food & Beverage, be it Five star Hotels, Theme Parks, High Street Restaurant chains, Premiership Stadia, R&D, real Fresh Fast Food or collaborating with Marco Pierre White.